Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Farewell to (These) Arms





Oh, girls...this is IT! I have officially lost my mind!!! I rarely list vintage pieces, and this is one of my absolute TREASURES in the world!!! (I'm crying as I type this!) But sadly, this little ditty has gotten a tad too snug on me. *blushes* But this is HANDS-DOWN, one of the most FABULOUS things I've ever owned!!! And it breaks my heart to see this go. However, it is too darn AMAZING not to have a great, loving home and a HOT MAMASITA to wear it around!!! It's just not fair to this yummy jacket!!!
Okay...so here's the scoop: I bought this as a vintage piece from a lady in LA who consigns cast-offs from ladies-who-lunch, and starlets alike. (I really wanted her to tell me which "It" girl had this, but she didn't tell....*sigh*) So we can just imagine Rachel Bilson or Sienna Miller sporting this around town....Can't you just SEE it? But she DID tell me that the girl who had this was a regular at high-end joints like Barneys and Maxfield, if that gives you any clue!!!
True to vintage form, there are no labels inside, save for the "tattoo'd" one that I have pictured. It reads "Benedetta Novi TELEGRAM". Now how much does this remind you of something spectacular and sexy from the amazing RICK OWENS??? You know...his crazy cool motocros jackets? *thud*
I'm dead!!!
The leather is just amazing. It's the type that warms up and forms to your body, giving you that sexy, bad*ass look! I LOOOOOVE the raw seams and exposed zippers. I PROMISE you...this will be one EVERY BODY YOU MEET will be asking about!!!! I wore this with jeans and heels and even over a summery dress. It is just fabulous beyond words and will take you from season to season EFFORTLESSLY!!! It adds INSTANT CHIC to anything you put with it! I mean, you could leave your house in PAJAMAS and look MOVIE STAR COOL!!!!
Okay...so now I'm going to stop. I'm making myself sad again to see it go, but I'm also running out of room!!! *laugh* So take a peek at the picutres....I promise...you'll fall in love! *sigh*

No comments: